Local Governing Board
The role of the members of the Local Governing Board is demanding but very rewarding, and is a good way to give back to your local community. School governing bodies are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. Together with the headteacher, who is responsible for day-to-day management, they set the school's aims and policies.
Key role of the local governing board:
To ensure that all children at the academy school are receiving a high quality education and are making rapid progress towards achieving the full extent of their potential, and that the resources available to the academy school are appropriate and deployed effectively.
- To monitor the standards, achievements and progress of all the children in the academy school, and by relevant groups including any for which hypothecated funding is given, the standards of attendance, behaviour and safety of all children and the effectiveness of teaching, leadership and management in the academy school and any additional areas that may be considered by Ofsted during an inspection.
- To review the safeguarding of children and staff.
- To consider Ofsted and other reports on the school.
- To monitor the targets proposed by the Headteacher, the plan to achieve those targets and the achievement and impact of the agreed plan.
- To monitor the relationship between the school and the community, including parents, and propose any action necessary.
- To consider whether the resources of money, staff and buildings available to the academy school are appropriate and are deployed effectively.
- To ensure that the school website contains all information required by law, DfE or TDLPT, and is up to date.
- To require action by the Headteacher wherever deficiencies are identified.
- To report to the Trustees as required.
The Local Governing Board at Braybrook Primary Academy works in close partnership with the staff, to ensure the continued success of our school. Our Local Governing Board is made up of a diverse group of people who perform different roles.
The Board meets regularly throughout the school year as a Local Governing Board and as working parties, which convene as required.
There are different types of governors at our school. These include:
Parent Governors: Parent governors are elected by and from the parents of registered pupils at the school. The school will advise parents when there are vacancies.
Staff Governors: Staff governors are elected by the staff at the school. They cease to hold office when they cease to work at the school. At Braybrook Primary Academy, the Headteacher has chosen to be a governor.
Co - Opted Governors: These are people who have the skills required to contribute to the effective governance and success of the school.
Should you wish to contact our Chair of Governors, Mrs Toni Glendenning, please feel free to write via the school office.